Wednesday 22 February 2012

Paintin', Cuttin' and a Pastin'

The surface of the egg had to be primed and painted so I called in Tom - a very skilled person who usually rebuilds and sprays things like this...




He is also my brother (which helps!) so very kindly offered to paint the egg.


Most of the work I do is on a flat surface, be it paper or onscreen, so when faced with a metre high fiberglass egg you have to think a bit differently. I spent ages printing out the characters and letters to include in the design and offering them up to see what worked best and where.






Then I sent all of the characters off to the lovely Dave and Amanda at SK Signs & Labels Ltd who created individual vinyl transfers and gave me a lesson or two on how to apply them to the egg.



No comments:

Post a Comment